Socialist Party (India) Delhi State Convention
(Sanwaldas Gupta Nagar)
12 Chelmsford Road, New Delhi
2 April 2017
Delhi is the capital of the country. The centre of power and culture. Its National Capital Regin (NCR) is a large base for several national and international multinational companies. But leaving a few privileged ones and their areas the civic life of this city is full of misery and deprivation. Murders, roberies, skirmishes and riots, assaults on women’s modesty happen here routinely in broad daylight. Ever new cyber crimes along with other crimes have become commonplace in Delhi and NCR. Lower and lower middle classs continually grapples with unemployment and inflation. Lakhs of children, women and elderly beg at intersections and sleep on the streets. Lakhs of children are servants in affluent homes or eateries. In villages, resettlement colonies, JJ colonies and older areas of the city, there is a perpetual deprivation of civic amenities like toilets, roads, parks, sewer connections etc. There is no stopping the privatisation of essential services like electricity, water, health and education at the hands of profiteering companies in the country’s capital. Instead of building schools, training institutes, colleges, universities or research institutes, the government is busy gifting away the land acquired from farmers at a pittance, to the corporate houses, the uber rich and the builders to open luxury hotels, mega malls, farm houses, resort hospitals, bars and cassinos. In pursuit of capitalist development, Delhi has become one of the most polluted city in the entire world. A lot of epidemics are unleashed due to pollution and every year thousands of people lose their lives and lakhs of them lose their health. Both the rich and the poor are affected.
Aam Admi Party which accused the Congress of corruption to come to power has a deeply corrupt administration. No work happens in any departement without bribes. In the Kejriwal government, which has been an open votary of capitalism, the wealthy and the brokers are rolling in money while the general public is in deep distress. The current Delhi government has emulated the Modi government at the centre in burning away millions of rupees of hard earned tax-payer’s money in the name of building the luminous image of their leader and the party. The Chief Minsiter Arving Kejriwal and the deputy Chief Minister Manish sisodia seem to be vying with each other for the more expensive hoardings and posters with their photos.Kejriwal, who claimed to live simply and honestly in the days of the anti-corruption movement, lives like royalty as Chief Minsiter. In a small, halfway state like Delhi, there is a Deputy CM, who lives with full fanfare in the residence of the previous CM, Sheila Dikshit. Both these characters have come from the NGO world and are running the government according to the those very principles. That is, the ruse of fooling the poor to protect profiteering capitalism. Most of the country’s progressive civil society and its leaders favour this party, which aspires to be the B team of BJP. The Socialist Party believes that this is a serious challenge for the politics of constitutionally warranted equality and freedom.
Through this convention the Socialist Party 9India) Delhi State, issues the following demands on behalf of the working class of Delhi:
- In every part and section of Delhi, the freedom and respect of women must be ensured.
- The needs of the elderly, people with disability and children must receive utmost care and attention.
- Keeping in mind the new challenges of life in the capital, creative policy for the youth and children must be undertaken.
- Privatization of electricity, water and health services in Delhi must stop.
- Privatization of education must stop. The existing private schools, colleges and universities must be nationalized/ socialized.
- The government must fulfill its constitutional duty to provide equal, free, quality education in the mother tongue.
- In all the schools at all levels, and in colleges and university departments, vacant positions must be filled right away.
- Privatization of electricity, water and health services must stop. Private hospitals must be nationalized/ socialized.
- In all government departments, the vacant positions of class three and four employees must be filled immediately. In order that people’s problems get resolved quickly, more positions must be generated in departments. Contractual system must end.
- In the villages of Delhi, services such as housing, roads, electricity, water, libraries, women centers, child centers, health centers, parks, community centers, schools, colleges, vocational institutes etc., must be made available as per the requirements of all the citizens. Apart from farmers, craftsmen families who depend on agriculture for their livelihood, must also be given residential plots.
- Unauthorized colonies must be authorized with all civic amenities.
- Families living in JJ colonies for long must be given residential flats as per at one go.
- Citizens willing to be self-employed must be given permission and facilities to run small cottage industries on a priority basis.
- Street vendors must not need to pay committees and police any kind of bribe, there must be a permanent resolution to this.
- Unauthorized colonies must be given comprehensive civic amenities and regularized.
- It must be ensured that all the traffic signals in the city function properly every day.
Thus stands the Socialist Party
Upholding brotherhood and equality
Socialist Party (India) Delhi State